The one on the right is the one from Moms Who Think and the one on the left is from the other site.
8 ounces butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup flour
Chocolate Peppermint Coating:
1 pound semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1/4 teaspoon plus a couple drops of natural peppermint extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Put all the ingredients in a food processor and process it. If it is seems like it's too dry, add a bit of vodka to it to get it to come together. Adding vodka helps it come together and will evaporate while it's baking so it won't affect the final texture of the cookie too much. This works on pie crusts as well.
3. Flatten the dough into a disk, cover with plastic wrap, and set it in the refrigerator for around 1/2 an hour.
4. Roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thickness.
5. Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet. I tried lifting it up while it was hot and this is what happened.
7. Dip the cookies in the chocolate...
Or you could just put some chocolate on the bottom of 2 cookies and put them together.