Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bailey's Irish Cream Truffles


So two weeks ago I wanted to make some mousse because I saw a fabulous mousse recipe on Cannelle et Vanille, which is one of my favorite blogs ever! It's like a cookbook, just way better! What I ended up making, just because I got lazy, was...were? chocolate truffles. I have to go to the dentist soon which is a total bleh. Last time I went he was like "Wow! Your teeth are really straight!" and I was like "Thanks! That's really nice of you to say so." Then he's like "But they could use some whitening." I was thinking "WOW! Thanks! Now I kinda just want to keep my mouth shut so you don't need to see them!" Anyway here's the recipe.


Bailey's Irish Cream Truffles
20 oz chocolate (I used bittersweet)
2/3 cup heavy cream
2-3 tablespoons of Bailey's Irish Cream (you can add more if you like)
Candy Molds (I just went to Michael's and got the Wilton's Truffle Molds)

Instructions

Melt about 8 oz of the chocolate. Pour enough into the candy molds to coat them. Save enough chocolate to make a bottom for the truffles. Let it set while you heat the heavy cream.

Chop up the chocolate and put it in a bowl. Add the Bailey's Irish Cream.

Pour the heated heavy cream onto the chocolate and wait about a minute before gently stirring it. Pout it into the chocolate coated molds.

Wait until it sets a bit before pouring some of the leftover chocolate over the ganache to form the bottom.

Et voila!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment